Wednesday 11 February 2015

Manchester Shoot 2


I did this shoot to express the chosen them of urban surroundings that show neglect and signs of recession. I also took this shoot to respond to the artists: Saul Leiter and Marcin Stawiarz. For this shoot I used my Nikon D3200 digital camera. I then picked out some images and edited them using Photoshop. I cropped them, changed levels, contrast/brightness, desaturation, saturation and sharpening when needed. I changed my ISO to 400 while on the shoot so plenty of light would appear in my image. At the start of the shoot my shutter speed was 1/80 sec and the aperture was 4.5. But as it was getting darker my shutter speed 1/100 sec and the aperture was 4.8 this was because more light needed to get to the image. I took this shoot around Manchester to show examples of neglect and recession. I did this by taking photos of the Northern Quarter of Manchester where there are more abandoned and not looked after places. The strengths of this shoot are: the photos showing cracks in glass and street lamps showing different commercial stuff layered on top of each other. The weaknesses are: that I could find more abandoned buildings to take photos of. The artist listed above influenced me. I found this shoot to be quite fun and free because I was taking photos of buildings and neglected things.

















No comments:

Post a Comment