Wednesday 21 January 2015

Carbon Prints For Risk Project (Core Work)



These are some carbon prints I did on mixed media backgrounds. I also did one on canvas fabric and stitched into it and added wire. I also did some sewing machine work with one of my paper ones. I did this by laying down the shiny side of the carbon paper and drawing on top to create the print. I think these are quite bold because of the backgrounds and the prints. I thought of composition when setting up the background for example: put strips of sugar paper where the  windows are. There is a lot of line work in these, because of this these look quite moody. These are based on primary imagery I took in Manchester over the summer. The strengths of these are the line work and the composition of the mixed backgrounds. To improve I could to more sewing work on the machine to get  better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment